Process Information Management System
The complete software solution for bioprocesses
Lucullus PIMS is a state-of-the-art software solution for efﬁcient digitalization of the entire bioprocess environment and paperless documentation. Lucullus PIMS provides comprehensive monitoring and control, from the initial raw material to the ﬁnal product.
The combination of thorough digitalization and integrated workﬂows is what makes Lucullus PIMS the perfect tool for the digital revolution in bioprocessing. Lucullus PIMS builds bridges between bioprocesses and all involved users.
- Detailed process design
– Process control step chains
– Reactor utilization schedules
– Sampling and analytical plans
– Media selection
- Digitally assisted process preparation
– Media recipe database
– Raw material management
– User guided media lot creation
– Barcode labelling of materials and lots
- Real-time process execution
– Execution of designed processes
– Centralized monitoring and control across all systems
– User interactions, event notiﬁcations
– Parallelization and process comparison
- Analysis and batch reporting
– Efﬁcient database searches
– Extensive visualization
– Automated evaluations
– Exporting and one-click batch reporting
Why Lucullus PIMS?
- Efficiency and performance
– Structured and automated workﬂows
– Highly automated data integration
– Paperless and gap-free documentation
– Centralized information management
- Robust processes
– Extensive real-time monitoring
– Advanced control
– Higher degree of automation
– Integrated PAT solution
- Security and availability
– Independency of hardware manufacturers
– Proven in industry since over 20 years
– Secured and accessible data
– CFR 21 part 11
– Data integrity
- Reduced time-to-market
– Simple tech transfer
– Enterprise-wide scalability
- Integration Options
Lucullus PIMS aligns and stores all data from disparate sources of the entire bioprocess environment in one place. The integration is made easy by integrated workﬂows and a high degree of automation. All information is securely and traceably stored, easily accessible and ready to be directly applied.
- Highly automated integration of all data from disparate sources
- All data aligned to processes
- Data integrity
- Secure data storage
- Easy access from anywhere – even in real time
- Paperless documentation
CONNECT DISPARATE DATA SOURCES
To see the whole picture of the bioprocess, typically tedious data integration and alignment is required. Lucullus PIMS solves this bottleneck by guided user entries, automated ﬁle imports, barcode support and bidirectional communication to an incomparable range of lab equipment.
COMPREHENSIVE BIOPROCESS DATA MANAGEMENT
Lucullus PIMS enables advanced control to execute robust bioprocesses exactly as designed. This is applicable across all reactor systems to provide a single interface for monitoring and control.
- Centralized process monitoring
- Real-time communication of relevant process events
- Infinite number of parallel processes
- Easy implementation of process control step chains
- Digital tools for advanced process control
- Independence of hardward vendors
PROCESS DESIGNS EASILY IMPLEMENTED
Lucullus PIMS closes the gap between standalone devices by its extensive data integration capabilities and makes all real-time information available for control. Detailed process step chains dictate the timely sequence of events no matter whether the control action shall be automatically performed by a device or manually by an operator. Incorporated control algorithms and event-based decisions furthermore ensure that process designs can be easily implemented and executed without limitations.
ADVANCED CONTROL FOR ROBUST BIOPROCESSING
Lucullus PIMS automatically integrates and aligns all sample data. It builds bridges between bioprocesses and sample analytics.
- Efficient and documented sampling procedures
- Planning of sampling schedules
- Label and barcode printing for sample identification
- Sample notifications
- Automated collection and alignment of data from all analyzers
- Application of at-line and on-line data for process control
SAMPLE PLANNING AND DATA HANDLING MADE EASY
Lucullus PIMS optimizes the activities around manual sampling and alignment of data from analytics. Structured sampling schedules allow deﬁning where, when and how much sample needs to be drawn for what purpose. The respective labels containing IDs and barcode for identiﬁcation can be directly printed via Lucullus PIMS. During process execution, sampling notiﬁcations display the information according to the sampling plan. The barcode labelled samples just need to be scanned at the analyzers to automatically identify them, retrieve the data from the analyzer and assign it to the correct process and time. This does not only enable timely monitoring together with all other data but also process control based on at-line analytics.
TIME-SAVING AND RELIABLE SAMPLE WORKFLOW
Lucullus PIMS provides digital warehousing for all raw materials and media lots. Based on recipes, the lot preparation is fully guided and automatically documented. The linkage to processes ensures full traceability from the initial raw material to the ﬁnal product.
- Media recipe management
- Database for all material lots (expiration date, lot, supplier, safety, etc.)
- Guided lot preparation
- Full barcode support
- Data logging from all media kitchen devices
- Effortless and detailed documentation
- Traceability from the process to raw materials to idnetify CMA
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENTATION OF MEDIA PREPARATION
Lucullus PIMS provides a database for the detailed management of chemical and media lots. This digital warehousing is complemented by the assisted preparation of media, feed, stock and buffer solutions based on scalable recipes. During lot preparation the user receives step-by-step guidance and can easily capture the ingredient lot through barcode scanning. Measurements from media kitchen devices (scales, pH probes, osmometers, conductivity) can be automatically recorded. Prepared solutions can be labelled, integrated into the warehousing and be easily linked to processes whenever used.
DETAILED MEDIA INFORMATION LINKED TO BIOPROCESS DATA
Lucullus PIMS improves communication between all collaborators and the entire bioprocess environment. Integrated workﬂows dramatically reduce the effort to get the information where needed.
- Faster and digitalized workflows
- Support during planning, preparation, execution and evaluation
- Paperless documentation
- User management and interactive for perfect collaboration
- Easy acccess to all data from anywhere at any time
A SINGLE SOFTWARE FOR PERFECT COLLABORATION
A variety of people are involved during the bioprocess chain. From lab technicians, engineers, data scientists to managers, different people have different tasks and need speciﬁc tools and speciﬁc information. Lucullus PIMS is designed to provide users with the tools and information they need.
Integrate all standalone devices
|Reactors||Applikon, Infors, Sartorius, Eppendorf, Finesse, GE Healthcare, …|
|PAT TOOLS||Scales, gas analyzers, OD probes, dielectric spectroscopy, raman probes, …|
|Analyzers||Enzymatic analyzers, cell culture analyzers, HPLCs, blood gas analyzers, osmometers,…|
|Specific Devices||Ambr® (Sartorius), DasGip® (Eppendorf), ÄKTA® (GE Helthcare), Vi-CELL XRTM (Beckman Coulter), Cedex Bio HT (Roche), BioProﬁle® FLEX™ (Nova Biomedical), …|